Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week 3

Reflect on Sylvia Allan's presentation:

I was so excited to learn about specific examples and stories of how this commmunity is created in the classroom and its effects. It was such a learning expierence to see how it is used and created in the classroom and to see just how effective it can be done when it is done with correctly and with love. It was quite obvious to see the rewards of using morning meetings in your classroom, and I was also able to get many great ideas from Sylvia on how to be the most effective in the classroom. I loved how fun she was. I think it is important to be fun and be someone who recognizes his/her own mistakes.Students will grow trust with a person who possesses these qualities much quicker than those who don't posses them. I loved that she is able to incorporate so many subjects and content into such a small time amount and in such a setting as morning meetings. What a great way to teach content student's need while they are in such a "Safe, risk taking" environment. I really liked how she said the teacher needs to be involved in the morning meeting process, not behind her desk or doing other things to prepare for the day, because I firmly believe that the Teacher needs to become part of the classroom unity and community that is developed in these type of situations. I just can't say enough good things about what I have learned from Sylvia. I feel that moning meetings are very beneficial and rewarding for the teacher and student and their relationships.

1 comment:

  1. Giving yourself permission NOT to be perfect allows you to accept less than perfection in others and makes you more real to them.

    ReplyDelete