Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Question week 1B

"We are no longer teaching if what we teach is more important than who we teach or how we teach.” What does this mean to you?

This is such a great understanding of what makes a great teacher great. We aren't teaching to teach the curriculum. We are teaching to shape and change lives. I know atleast for me, I am not going into the teaching career because I love science or because I love english and want to teach these things. I am going into teaching because I love children and being able to help them grow. We have lost the sight of what makes teaching teaching if we are more focused on the content rather than the students and their individual needs. Teachers change lives by making the most important aspect of teaching that of their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment